Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Masquerade Party

I'm working on a big Easter event that's coming up in a few weeks. I can't wait to show you all the decor ideas I have for this event. In the meantime, I thought I would do a post on a 30th Birthday Masquerade surprise party that I did a while ago. I posted a few images in my Welcome post, but I wanted to show you more details on this fun birthday event.

The surprise party was held at Paschal's restaurant in Castleberry Hill - http://www.paschalsrestaurant.com/castleberryhill.htm - they have a great private space.

All photos are courtesy of the wonderful team at Blue World Studios - http://blueworldstudios.com/

The colors of the party were a dramatic red, gold and black.


In the reception area guests were greeted with a fruit display

and of course masks for the masquerade

The ballroom was set up with tables covered in gold organza linens


For the guest tables we alternated 3 different centerpieces:

A glass bowl with floating red orchids and a candle

A circular vase with red roses and votive candles
And for drama, a tall vase with floating gold spheres topped with an arrangement of red roses and black feathers

The cake table was equally dramatic with a centerpiece of red flower balls on branches

And the birthday cake - a masquerade mask to go with the theme
The table for the birthday girl and her close family was draped in red pintuck linen and at the last minute my florist (Angie at Birch Blooms http://birchblooms.com/) draped extra flowers in gold satin for the birthday table
I love this close up of a candle centerpiece on the birthday table - it almost looks as though the candle is floating on top of the red rose
As a surprise for the guests and to get the dancing started after dinner, we had Brazilian dancers perform


A great time was had by all!

No comments: