Monday, August 4, 2008

Paperluxe Studio

Today I am showcasing unique party favors from Paperluxe Studio. Owner & Designer Sarah Masci, has stopped by today to tell us more about her lovely company.

Lemiga: What products do you offer at Paperluxe Studio?

Paperluxe Studio: We offer a wide range of paper design services, including stationery, invitations, announcements, matching thank-you notes & calling cards. However, my specialty product offering is personalized stationery for women; and more particularly, stationery that can be given in lieu of traditional party favors at bridal & baby showers, bridesmaid luncheons and other contemporary social events. All of my designs can be customized to match the theme of your event & each set can be personalized with individual guest names, at no additional charge. These personalized stationery sets can also do double duty, and serve as a classy alternative to traditional place cards. Lemiga: Why did you start Paperluxe Studio?

Paperluxe Studio: I came up with the idea, actually by accident, when planning my sister in law's baby shower. I wanted the shower to have a classic vintage look & feel to it, rather than all-baby, and I wanted favors to match the theme. I also did not want to spend money on useless favor tins or less than stellar lip glosses just to tie in the theme. After a long & unsuccessful search for something that was worth purchasing, I decided to put my creative talent to work & make something instead. That is when the idea of stationery "favors" was born. The shower guest's absolutely LOVED them, and encouraged me to make a business out of it. Several Christmas gifts & months later, I started selling my work & the rest is history.

Lemiga: What is your favorite favor that you have created thus far?

Paperluxe Studio: Oh, I have loved them all really! But if I have to choose just one, it would have to be this one

This was for a large bridal shower with a turquoise & lime green color palette. I knew that the guest's would range in age from very young to elderly, so I had to make sure the design would appeal to everyone. I started with a traditional floral monogram border, then removed the actual monogram & added a little more pizazz with an additional scroll in the contrasting color. Each guest went home with a set of 6 note cards, with their full name on each. For the last minute guests & non-RSVP'ers, I did a few extra sets, with the simple phrase "merci beaucoup".

Lemiga: Any advice for those who are trying to find unique party favors?

Paperluxe Studio: Make sure you select something that all of your guests will enjoy & get some practical use out of. You want your guests to smile and feel appreciated when they walk out the door. We all have candles & our bodies can do without the chocolate & cookies. But who couldn't use something as special as stationery, much less, with their own name on it? I hope that you will take this into consideration and think of Paperluxe Studio when it comes time for you select your favors & bridesmaid gifts!Thanks so much Sarah for taking time out to stop by and show us your wonderful party favors. Paperluxe Studio is a participating vendor at my Open House Soiree on August 24th. And they are sponsoring a giveaway for a $50 gift certificate for one lucky guest! Register for the Soiree at http://lemiga.eventbrite.com/

No comments: