Friday, August 8, 2008

Vendor Spotlight: Sugarplum Visions

I thought I would end the week on a sweet note. Anyone who knows me knows that my favorite bakery is Sugarplum Visions. When I celebrated my birthday in Las Vegas I even transported Sugarplum's cupcakes from Atlanta to Vegas because they're that good! Now if you like your cake to be light with the whipped icing (like at Publix), it's probably not the bakery for you. But when I eat cake I want to taste all the buttery and sugar richness of a good homemade cake. And that is exactly what Sugarplum Visions delivers. I've been using Sugarplum pretty much since I started my business and owner Jamie Fine has become a good friend. Today Jamie has stopped by to share with you a little about her bakery and her wonderful cakes.


All the photos I'm sharing today are from events that I have worked with Jamie over the years.
Lemiga: Tell us a little about Sugarplum Visions – how did you get started?

Sugarplum Visions: I was working as a flight attendant and decided to turn my passion for creating uniquely decorated desserts into a business after weathering turbulent times in the airline industry and opened Sugarplum Visions near the historic Marietta Square.
Lemiga: What is the latest trend in wedding cakes for 2008?

Sugarplum Visions: The latest trend is actually not a specific trend. Our brides are seeking unique custom cakes to suit their reception and personal style. We have created everything from traditional white on white cakes, to bold chocolate and whimsical styles to cupcake trees.
Lemiga: What makes Sugarplum Visions different from other bakeries?

Sugarplum Visions: Our crowd pleasing cakes are made with premium ingredients. We focus on custom designs, understand the significance of special events and truly enjoy working with our clients on an individual basis to achieve their perfect cake.
Lemiga: What has been the highlight of your career to date?

Sugarplum Visions: Through community support we were voted Best Wedding Cake on Fox Atlanta's Hot List. Nothing beats the WOW reaction of our clients when they see their dream cake become a reality. Lemiga: One piece of advice for Brides-to-be:

Sugarplum Visions: Hire reputable professionals to help relieve the stress of planning and HAVE FUN!!!!!
Thanks Jamie for stopping by today! Sugarplum Visions is a participating vendor at my Open House Soiree on August 24th. Please stop by and meet Jamie and sample her delectable cakes! You can register for the Soiree at http://lemiga.eventbrite.com/

No comments: