Monday, July 14, 2008

Vendor Spotlight: CMV Productions, Inc.


Today I am featuring Atlanta videographer CMV Productions, Inc. Co-owner Keith Piasecki has stopped by today for an interview about CMV Productions and wedding videography.

Lemiga: What do you enjoy most about your job?

CMV Productions: I really enjoy giving the couples something they will cherish for the rest of their lives. Putting together every video knowing the couple and their families will watch this video for years truly gets me excited about each wedding. I want my couples to feel like they have a friend behind the camera to capture their special day.

Lemiga: Why did you start your company?

CMV Productions: I was working for another Atlanta-area wedding video company and nearly all the couples booking that company requested me to shoot their wedding, so at that point I knew I could start my own company and build from the reputation I had earned. For me, shooting wedding videos started as a creative outlet and a way to make some extra money, but has blossomed into a second full time job. I still hold a full time position with CNN. We recently added a second crew to our company so we can now shoot two weddings per day. I was able to hire a talented pool of friends and fellow video professionals ensuring each video is top quality. I really enjoy producing wedding videos and if it ever stops being fun then it will be time to close the doors on my company.


Lemiga: What has been the highlight of your career to date?

CMV Productions: My wedding career highlight would be winning “Best Videographer” in the Best of Atlantabridal.com two years in a row (2006 & 2007). The award is based on reviews posted on the Atlantabridal.com site by my clients. If my clients are not amazed by the quality of their video and don’t feel compelled to write a positive review then I feel like I have not done the best job I could have done on that wedding.

Lemiga: How do you describe your style of videography?

CMV Productions: We do a news documentary style. We capture all the moments exactly as they happen without being in the way. In fact, after we say hello at the start of each shoot the wedding party and guests shouldn't notice us much at all. The less we’re seen the better we’re doing our job.


Lemiga: One piece of advice for Brides-to-be?

CMV Productions: Speak loudly when saying your vows. We do mic the groom for the ceremonies, but if you whisper your vows it will be hard to hear on the video. Also, at the reception stand near the person giving toasts so we can capture your reaction on the video as well as the person giving the toast.


Thanks Keith for stopping by! Jessica with the CMV Productions team was the videographer for the wedding I did this past weekend. She was unobtrusive throughout the entire day and so pleasant to deal with - ideal for any wedding. I can't wait to see the final footage!


CMV Productions, Inc. is a participating vendor at my Open House Soiree on August 24th at the Solarium. Register for the Soiree at http://lemiga.eventbrite.com/. And be sure to stop by and meet Keith and ask your wedding videography questions.

No comments: