Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Vendor Spotlight: Lucky Paperie

Today I am very excited to feature Atlanta based stationery studio Lucky Paperie. Their designs have been featured all over and the owner, Melanie, has stopped by today to share with us some of her work.
Lemiga: Tell us a little about Lucky Paperie - what range of services do you offer?
Lucky Paperie: We are a custom invitation design studio. We create luxurious letterpress and flat printed invitations for weddings, baby and parties.
Lemiga: What is your favorite new invitation trend?
Lucky Paperie: I love the green invitations! And I hope its not just a trend. I have been printing with soy inks for years and I am happy to see so many designers using soy inks and tree-free papers. Earth-friendly materials can look modern, clean crisp and beautiful. I am so happy to see that happening in our industry.

Lemiga: What has been the highlight of your career to date?


Lucky Paperie: I think the highlight has been meeting Darcy Miller of Martha Stewart Weddings Magazine! I met her at the National Stationery Show and gave her my card. She actually stopped and walked back to me and commented that she loved my card and to please send her some samples! I could have died right there! I also have loved being a part of so many weddings and special occasions. I love when a client tells me that their guests loved the invitations or did not want to send the rsvps back!
Lemiga: What should potential clients look for when hiring an invitation designer?

Lucky Paperie: Clients should look for overall design style, flexibility, versatility and professionalism. They should be able to get a sense of the designers' talent from their website, phone demeanor and even their personal style! In addition, they should look for designers that print in the method that fits their budget, some designers only print in letterpress. Sometimes clients try to get designers to copy work for a less expensive printing method but a designer with integrity will stick to their guns and not copy other's work. That's a great sign and clients should look for that kind of professionalism.
Lemiga: Which invitation has been your favorite to design thus far?

Lucky Paperie: I have to admit, I love them all! But if I had to choose one, I would have to say the "Viviana" in letterpress. It was my first custom design that was printed in letterpress and I have been in love with it ever since! And here are a few photos from a real wedding featuring Lucky Paperie's designs. I always love to see how stationery goes from concept to reality. (Photos by Bleu Cotton)
Up next photos from Lucky Paperie's Open House event!

No comments: