Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Vendor Spotlight: Sublime Photography


Today I am featuring Atlanta based Sublime Photography. Owner, Jessica Scheufler, has stopped by today to share with us her work and a little about her wedding photography business.
Lemiga: Why did you decide to start your photography business?

Sublime: I decided to start my photography business because I loved shooting so much. I had worked for other photographers for some time and then decided that if I am shooting all the time, why don't I give it a go and start my own? So, I did.

Lemiga: How do you describe your photographic style?

Sublime: It is hard for me to describe my style because it is constantly evolving and it really depends on the scene. I love color and emotion, but I think the best way to describe my style is intimate. I like to get up close to my subjects so that I can build a rapport and figure out what makes them smile or laugh. If it means I need to stand still and wait, I will. If a little humor gets the shot I want, I will do it.

Lemiga: What do you enjoy most about your job?

Sublime: I love the interaction with my subjects and the creativity. Finding a wonderful moment and using my camera to express that moment is what makes me happy.Lemiga: If you could photograph a wedding any place in the world where would it be?

Sublime: Gosh, I don't know. I love to travel, so any place would really be a change of scenery. I have always wanted to go to Greece or Italy.
Lemiga: One piece of advice for Brides-to-be:

Sublime: Once the planning is over, enjoy the day. It goes by way too fast. Be sure to get a private moment in with your new husband. With all the excitement, it is easy to forget the person that you just married. Sneak off for a few moments if you have to and grab some alone time.

Lemiga: What qualities should a couple look for when hiring their photographer?

Sublime: The most important quality is chemistry. You are going to be spending a lot of time with this person, so getting along is crucial. You aren't going to get great pictures if you don't have some sort of connection with the photographer. Go with what feels right. Look at the work and if you can see yourself in those pictures, it is probably a good match.Lemiga: What details within the wedding day play the most important part in your photography?

Sublime: I love details and portraits. My favorite part of the day is that little slice of time I have with the bride and groom just after they finished the family portraits and have a little time together. You can just feel the excitement and love, and not to mention it is the absolute best time to get some killer portraits. I love photographing the details because there is so much that goes into planning the wedding that it would be a shame not to take pictures of all that work. The details are what makes the wedding so personal.
Lemiga: What has been the highlight of your career to date?

Sublime: Well there are two that both happened back to back this past May: shooting in NYC and San Antonio. Talk about a two different but wildly interesting weddings. The NYC wedding was an Indian/Greek wedding that was colorful and bold with lots of dancing and celebration. The San Antonio wedding was a Mexican wedding that was classic and beautiful. Both were just amazing. I was running around just trying to capture everything I could get my hands on.

Jessica is such a joy to be around! Her photographs have a magazine quality to them and her enthusiasm for what she does really shows in her work. Thanks for stopping by today Jessica!


1 comment:

Shana said...

Just got my blume box newsletter this afternoon. Congrats on having your initial blume boxes featured! :)