Thursday, September 25, 2008

Andrea Taylor Studio

Today I have the pleasure of featuring Atlanta photographer Andrea Taylor Studio. Andrea has stopped by today to share with us her wedding photography.Lemiga: How do you describe your photographic style?

Andrea Taylor
: I describe my wedding photography style as "storytelling". My idea when working a wedding is to retell the story of the day with all its details, emotions and special moments. I strive to capture the events of the wedding day in a manner that when played back through the final images will allow the bride, groom and their families and friends to live through that day over again.
Lemiga: What do you enjoy most about your job?

Andrea Taylor
: I am a hopeless romantic and I am very much a people's person, so I simply love weddings overall. I tear up at every single one of them! I really enjoy many different things, the family union, the anticipation, the emotions. I love all the details that are involved in such a day, all the thought that each bride & groom put into the different elements that will be part of their day and enjoy photographing them. I love the emotional connections between the people attending and to watch each moment unfold and capture the spirit of it all throughout the day.
Lemiga: What qualities should a couple look for when hiring their photographer?

Andrea Taylor
: They first want to look at the photographer's portfolio online. You want someone that has an imagery that you like, that you can emotionally connect with. After that, you want to meet the photographer and see if you actually like them in person. You will spend a lot of time on your wedding day with them and I personally think you want to feel a positive connection with whoever you choose. You also want to look at their albums and other products and ensure that they are the style and quality that you are looking for. Ask to see a full wedding (a slideshow or an album). In that way you will see the photographer's ability to capture your whole day and how each one does that. Then, I would suggest you trust the person you go with. If you liked what you saw, then that photographer will be able to do a similar job for you. My experience is that the couples that trust their photographer and let them be creative and work freely get much better results.

Lemiga: What has been the highlight of your career to date?

Andrea Taylor: My client's positive feedback and support. When a bride or groom call me after the wedding to tell me they cried when they saw their images for the first time. Touching their hearts means I have done the best job for them.
Lemiga: One piece of advice for Brides-to-be?

Andrea Taylor: To enjoy the planning process fully. The wedding day goes by in a blur, and you spend so much time leading up to it. So for me, the best thing to do is to enjoy every single step of the way. Make all those months of decision making and anticipation be fun and think of them as the beginning of the actual wedding day. I also think it is important to remember that women and men are different and that in many cases guys do not care as much about all the little details, so to work on those things that seem tedious to them with our girlfriends or mothers. Trying to keep the whole planning process positive and stress-free is the best that can happen. In the end, it will be a perfect day because of what lies ahead!I have had the pleasure of working with Andrea, and she has such a calm presence that allows her to capture all the intimate moments of a wedding without you even realizing that she's around! I also can appreciate that she makes sure to photograph all the little decor details that I work so hard on! There's nothing worse than getting pictures back and not seeing the custom card box that took me 3 hours to create! Thanks Andrea for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Shana said...

Such gorgeous photos. My fav. is the bridal party on the stairs - too awesome!

Kathleen McQueen Wright said...

I took a photo months ago like the one where the bride looks out the window.It is on my blog I love this concept